NZ company found guilty of health and safety failings - 25.11.20
A company in New Zealand specialising in waste and environmental services was found guilty of health and safety failings at a trial in August 2020 at the Hamilton District Court and sentenced last Wednesday. In 2017, a man in suffered severe injuries after his arm got caught in a... Read more.
Waste recycling company fined $330K over 2016 incident in which worker’s arm was amputated - 12.11.20
A Bayswater waste recycling company has been fined a total of $330,000 plus an additional $234,000 in costs for gross negligence over an incident in 2016 in which a labour hire worker’s arm was amputated at the shoulder. The company was found guilty in the Perth Magistrates Court in... Read more.
Workplace deaths increase for the first time in more than a decade - 19.10.20
The rate of fatal workplace injuries has increased for the first time since 2007, according to recent Safe Work Australia figures. The figures show 183 workers died during 2019, 38 more than in 2018, with the biggest increases coming in transport (58 compared to 38) and across NSW (61... Read more.
SafeWork warns businesses of the risk of electric shock or electrocution where electrical supply has not been de-energised - 1.10.20
SafeWork SA is reminding businesses of the risk of electric shock or electrocution where electrical supply has not been de-energised. Two separate incidents in less than one month prompted SafeWork SA to issue the safety reminder. A plumber was fatally electrocuted when installing a hot water system at a... Read more.
New Zealand meat manufacturer fined after worker lost four fingers - 17.9.20
A New Zealand meat manufacturer has been sentenced for health and safety failures after a worker lost four fingers in a processing machine. The company was sentenced at the Christchurch District Court this week following the incident in March 2019. The worker was cleaning the machine when he reached... Read more.