Electrical contractor sentenced to 7 years in prison over death of young tradesman - 12.3.18
The electrical contractor responsible for a young worker’s death when he was electrocuted in a workplace incident in February 2012 has been sentenced to seven years’ jail time. The 20-year-old victim was electrocuted when the electrician failed to turn off the power to a sub-board he was helping to... Read more.
Machine guarding a matter of life and death - 9.2.18
There are no second chances with heavy machinery says WorkSafe after the sentencing of Easton Agriculture Limited today in Palmerston North District Court. The sentencing follows the death of a worker in August 2016 after he became trapped in a potato harvester on a farm in Shannon. The worker... Read more.
Risks of electric shock when using high voltage plant - 30.1.18
Electrical workers and businesses are warned of the risks of working with high voltage plant. “If you are using high voltage plant you must be aware of the risks of electric shock,” Workplace Health and Safety Queensland said in a safety bulletin. Electrical workers, owners, and operators who are using... Read more.
175 Australian workers killed in 2017 - 10.1.18
Latest figures from Safe Work Australia show there were a total of 175 fatal work injuries in Australia in 2017. Safe Work Australia figures show 182 Australian workers died on the job in 2016. Source: OHS News Read more.
Commercial cleaning company fined $30,000 for worker’s injury - 15.12.17
A commercial cleaning company has been fined $30,000 following an incident where a worker’s hand was crushed at a meat processing facility in Cobram, Victoria. The company pleaded guilty in the Shepparton magistrate’s Court to a charge of failing to supervise its employees so that they could perform their... Read more.